We told the kids that we would build them a fort. So on Friday night at 6:30 we started the project. It was soooooo fun. The kids had fun watching Daddy work, I had fun learning how to measure and cut wood, since that was my primary job, well besides keep the kids content.
The fort is 8 feet by 4 feet and we told the kids that as soon as it is warm we will have a picnic outside inside the fort but not upside down!! Even though it is cold outside we have a hard time getting the kids to come in. They love playing inside the fort, I am going to let them each pick a curtain color, and a poster to hang inside. Amelia will probably pick Hannah Montana, and Scott will pick Spiderman or Scooby-Doo.
We are going to paint it Brown on bottom and Forest Green on top, the top is not on yet. Eventually we want to get a rock wall for the West side (the side by the cement) but that will wait until we have finished the other details. I had fun, it only took us until Saturday Night (well 12:30 P.M.) the best time to work is when kids are sleeping. I just have to say that Newell is awesome and the kids really do have the best dad!! He's Shaggy(from Scooby-Doo), He's a builder, he can win ANY computer game, and most of all he provides, protects, and leads us in righteousness.
Why I Want to Become a Teacher
10 years ago
3 comments:
I can't wait to have a back yard. Maybe this summer or fall.
That looks like so much fun!! I'm sure your kids love it. Hopefully some day we'll have a house and a place for something like that.
well I am impressed. It is amazing that being a parent makes you learn so many other skills. that fort looks so fun. I cant believe how all the kids are growing up. especially raquel. I miss seeing everyone and being a part of things. give your kids love from us and we are planning on visiting around mothers day so I am excited to see everybody.
Post a Comment