It has been a LONG time but I guess that being pregnant with baby #5 sort of wore me down. I didn't realize how exhausted I was those last few months!! The days flew by and I never had time to get everything done. Now, I have time and I feel great (well as good as one can feel a week and a half after labor). It is so fun having Darren in our family. The kids accepted him from the very first moment they saw him! Even Nathan is smitten by him. He says Darren WAY more than he says anything else!! I was induced after being a week over due and then I decided to have him natural (it just felt like the thing to do). I love new babies!! I love the way they smell and the little sounds they make, and how they snuggle up to you. Someone told me that I was just made to be a mom but I can honestly say that I am growing into the position. Each day I love my life more and more. There is nothing I would rather be doing!

I little update on everyone else: Amelia is loving school. She learns so much and remembers everything. In math she has been learning about tallying and she tallies everything. Scott, is my computer boy. Each of the kids have their own computer (except for Nathan and Darren) and Scott finds all the games and then gets on the girls computers and opens the games up for them. He is a whiz with the mouse and Newell has him playing all sorts of physics demos. I can honestly say the Scott learns from the computer. Raquel, is an angel. She begs me to let her watch Barbie Diamond Castle every day. She even has most of the songs memorized. She is definitely my princess girl. Nathan, is learning that he can be like the big kids. Everything they do he does too. Even biting his toe nails (YUCK!!!!!) Darren, of course sleeps a lot and eats a lot and it is hard to imagine that someday he will be running around trying to catch up to his older sibs but I wouldn't have it any other way. Newell and I are doing great. We are happy parents and grateful for the blessings we have. Thanks to everyone for the love and support. I will try to stay more on the ball.
Why I Want to Become a Teacher
10 years ago
6 comments:
You all look so great! Congratulations! I'm glad you put some new stuff up it's always good to see new pics and what you've been up to. Good luck with being a mother to five, you'll do great you already are an amazing mom!
SOOO CUTE, he is darling...i am excited to see him in the office. glad that you are feeling well and all is well. take care
Congratulations! Darren is so beautiful. How exciting to have a new baby in the house. I'm amazed and envious of what a good mother you are. Your one in a million and your kids are so lucky to have you. Keep it up and thanks for finding time to post again.
Congrats!!! He is adorable. I can't believe you were over due. I am always early. I think I would go crazy if I went over. How did you prepare to have him naturally? How much did he weigh? So cute. Thanks for posting pictures. Are you still home schooling Amelia too? You are simply amazing. I don't know how you do it all.
Colette! my goodness! Your kids are so cute! Darren is such a cutie! I'm happy everything is so good! Love ya! love,
sara
Congratulations! You look wonderful! What a beautiful family!
Post a Comment