Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March Happiness

My Mixer finally just gave out!! Newell has taken it apart so many times, what a man. So we decided to get a new one. At first we went with a Bosch (3 year warranty $425) we brought it home I used it 2 times and really did not like it at all. It was even the newest model. So we returned it. Now we have a Viking on the way (1 year warranty $555) I am VERY excited to get it and make bread again. We are starving without our bread. I have made muffins though so that is at least something WHEAT. Newell LOVES wheat. I am thankful for that because if it weren't for his desire to eat wheat I would never have gotten so into it. I can tell you almost anything you want to know about wheat. I only go through 50 pounds a month but with a growing family I will probably start using more than 50 pounds. If you have a question, ask.

I told you I would post a picture of Nathan crawling, well he is a very good crawler and I can't wait for him to walk. He just wants to be everywhere the kids are. He has just learned to close his eyes for a few seconds and then open them. It is the CUTEST thing, I don't remember any of the other kids doing that. Newell and I sat and laughed at it for a while Yesterday.


Amelia and Scott really liked going to the Grinch party. They each got a new book and so that was fun. They even had Green Eggs and Ham at Joy School the next day!! I was happy about that because the thought of Green Eggs makes me SICK!


We told the kids that if we finished the Book of Mormon Stories, they could go and touch the temple. Well, we finished the book in 3 months. I thought it would take longer but the kids would not go to bed at night without reading. See, I was hoping that it would be warm and pretty outside but we went in the cold. This did not bother the kids. Now we are reading again but this time we will go swimming when we finish. I am thankful for kids who LOVE the scriptures. Last night Scott told me: "I love Jesus alot alot." That made my heart swell with joy. I told him that I love Jesus alot alot too.

Raquel and Nathan discovering how fun it is to play with blankets. Lately Raquel says "Nathan wants his big sister." And then she holds out her arms to carry him. I am surprised at how much Nathan loves his kids. He wakes up and won't stop looking around until he finds them!!

I never knew that we had so much GREEN. On St. Patrick's Day I went into the kids closet to find something green for them and was shocked at how much green we have. Every one of us owns a pair of green pants and several green shirts. How that happened I don't know but when Newell came home from work he laughed and then he stopped laughing because he forgot to wear green to work and the kids had locked the bedroom door so that they could have longer to pinch him. Thankfully they really do not pinch hard at all. Well I hope that you all have a happy Easter. I have posted several ideas to Sugardoodle so if you go there and see an idea by Colette it is probably me. They are all music ideas. I love being the primary chorister the only down side is that I do not lead music well at all, and I don't sing very well either. At least the kids don't seem to mind.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Cute ideas you posted on sugardoodle. I have seen that site before but have never used it. I think I will have to it looks helpful. I have always used eprimary.com. I am a primary teacher and could use any help I can get.
I have never had a mixer. Maybe someday. You will have to let me know how much you like your new one. SO, what other things do you make with wheat? You should post some of your recipes too.
Isn't it great when your kids love to read the scriptures? Heidi won't ever let us forget to read.